About my baby

Stories and advice about my parenting from baby's birth onwards, including breast-feeding / nursing, sleeping, feeding solids, reading, talking, crawling, walking, playing, behavior, discipline, life of a stay at home mom and anything else linked to parenting you can think of.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Best products for baby's (and mommy's) skin

It's really hard to know what products you should buy for your baby, especially when he / she hasn't come out yet. Most people stock some diaper rash cream, baby lotion, and baby wash before baby's arrival, which one is the best one for your baby?

We, like a lot of people, got Johnson's and Johnson's products. These were good enough for us when we were young and they also use them at hospitals. In the end though the diaper rash cream didn't work, the lotion too fragrant, and the wash too dry for my baby's sensitive skin. We searched high and low for what's best and here it is. Aveeno, aveeno, aveeno! Aveeno for everything, except Dr. Smith's diaper rash cream is the fastest healing there is. The aveeno lotion, cream, and wash got rid of our baby's eczema and cradle cap. 

I also have some eczema on my face, and my baby's aveeno cream / lotion got rid of that too. Now I can't go back to using my own grown up face cream any more (move over Elizabeth Arden)! Too bad they don't make anti-wrinkle ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Blog Directory blogarama - the blog directory Mommy Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory