About my baby

Stories and advice about my parenting from baby's birth onwards, including breast-feeding / nursing, sleeping, feeding solids, reading, talking, crawling, walking, playing, behavior, discipline, life of a stay at home mom and anything else linked to parenting you can think of.

Monday, March 23, 2009

makeup for mommy

Mommies have no time for dressing up and looking nice, but some times it's important to at least try for your own self worth even if you know your baby loves you what ever you look like. Before I became a mom I loved dressing up. I was a girly girl and still am, but now it's about efficiency. 

I seem to have two mommy uniforms. One, sweater and jeans and two, a dress. Everything goes with jeans and dresses, well they go with my personality. With these two types of uniforms getting clothes on my back takes just a minute. It's really the time putting on makeup that I really needed to cut down. 

My cosmetics routine before becoming pregnant was 15 minutes, not lengthy by any means, but I needed to cut down to 5 (10 minutes less of trying to keep my baby from eating the makeup). What do I use? - mineral foundation, a multi-tasking stick for cheeks and lips, and an eye-liner- 5 minutes tops. 

I started using mineral foundation from before pregnancy so I've tried a few brands including the original i.d. bare minerals, fresh minerals, and super market brand l'oreal. By far the best, in my experience, is bare minerals. Unlike what they advertise I don't think these types of powder foundation look more natural than a good expensive liquid foundation, but what I really love about bare minerals is that it has helped the condition of my skin. As I wrote in a previous blog about baby creams, I sometimes have eczema. After I used bare mineral foundation for about two weeks my skin stopped being so irritated. But more importantly I love the mineral foundation because they go on super-fast so I can keep my hands clean for the baby (it's always when you have your hands dirty that you suddenly need to fish something out of your baby's mouth). 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Blog Directory blogarama - the blog directory Mommy Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory